I tried it last night and it was amazing. I made half the recipe, so that I just had one cup. And I substituted Coconut oil for ghee. It was creamy and tasted yummy! It didn't smell like Turmeric or taste like Turmeric (though I love the taste of Turmeric, I wasn't sure how I would feel about it in tea).
I've always loved Turmeric and eat it in Indian food and I take a supplement with it in it, but I was looking for other ways to consume Turmeric because of the anti-inflammatory properties, and found it last night when I saw this recipe! Thank you Dr. Axe! #draxe, #turmeric, #wellnesswednesday, #healthytea
Turmeric Tea Recipe
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee (I used coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp Turmeric (powder or grated root)
- Pour coconut milk and water into the saucepan and warm for 2 minutes
- Add in butter, raw honey and turmeric powder for another 2 minutes
- Stir and pour into glasses.